Monday, August 10, 2009

I'm Back!

I have been uber-busy the past month with work, family obligations, etc. This past weekend Jake's brother Justin and his new wife Elizabeth got married and we all had so much fun! It made me realize that there are a lot of little details that I should probably get started on. I'm ready to kick it into high gear and get the rest of this wedding planned. Here's what we have booked so far:

Venue (Ceremony and Reception): Prestonwood Country Club
Officiant: Reverend Barbara Lodge (read her blog here!)
Photographer: April Sirit of Evoke Photography http://www.evokenc.com/
DJ: Jeff Simpson of Simpsound Productions

As for the other things we know so far - I have my Mom's dress that will be getting altered early next year. I'm very excited about this! Jake and I are going to build our chuppah and we should get started on this soon.

I need to figure out:
Bridesmaid's dresses - how about asking the rest of my bridesmaids to be bridesmaids first?!?
Flowers - do I want to have a florist do them all or can I do some on my own?
Transportation - including getting the guests/wedding party to and from Prestonwood as well as for us to the hotel afterwards
Honeymoon - we need to start researching COSTA RICA!!! We definitely want to go to Costa Rica and zipline through the rainforest, go to the beach, go horse-back riding and scuba diving

I know there are many other things TO DO but this will work for now! I hope to have more time this week to catch up on other blogs I like to follow and will post things that I love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment