Saturday, August 22, 2009

Aisle Mock-Up

I took some time today while Jake played video games in this rainy weather to lay out the vases I have in order to get an idea of what our aisle could look like. I can't quite decide if I like the vases lined up in a straight line or grouped together, kind of overlapping. I took pictures of both set-ups below.


Lined up straight, even with the aisle about 2-3 inches apart.

Grouped or bunched together - I think I will need more vases to get the full effect of this one.

So far I have a total of 11 vases ranging from 10 to 19 inches. I only have three that are 16 inches or greater - I'll need to get a better variety of vases in the 14-19 inch category. I like the look of having all different sizes instead of lining them up by height. Hopefully I'll be able to get some shopping done tomorrow and find some more.

I do need to do some research on floating candles. The diameter of these vases is from 4 to 5.5 inches. I'm guessing that the candles should all be the same size around 3 or 3.5 or so. I want white floating candles. I think the water heights inside the vases will vary as well, but I don't think I want them to be higher than 2-3 inches from the top.

The dimensions in the half of the ballroom that we're using for the ceremony are 48x62. With a chuppah at the end I'm guessing our aisle would be about 50 feet long?

No comments:

Post a Comment