Friday, November 6, 2009

My Dog is Fratacular

At the State Fair a few weeks ago, I bought Tucker an NC State Block S collar from the Unleashed booth.  Since Jake and I are State alums, we thought it was only proper for him to represent our Alma Mater.  When I was talking with JP, Unleashed's owner, I mentioned that we were having trouble with Tucker pulling on his walks.  He recommended that we come in to get him a harness, so we did just that.  Unleashed on Lake Boone Trail is an awesome dog store that has tons of dog-friendly treats, food, collars, leashes, and of course, toys among other dog-related items.  If you are in the Raleigh area, I highly recommend them!  And treat your dog to a trip to Unleashed - Tucker loved it as he got lots of treats during the harness-fitting process.

So back to the harness.  Of course we had to get a manly harness for our son, since he is such a handsome boy after all.  So no pinks, purples or anything like that.  The best option that they had in Tucker's size at the time was a pattern called "Bone Hunter" in camouflage fashion.  Here's a picture of Tucker sporting his new look as he stopped to check out the ducks on one of our lunch walks this week. 

I think he looks mighty fratastic, don't you?  Camo and a Block S collar would make any NC State frat boy proud.  And the harness has been one of our best dog-purchases to date.  Tucker rarely pulls and I feel much more in control on our walks.  I'm very grateful especially since Tucker hit 78 pounds this week and at 10 months, has a lot more growing to do!

2 comments:

  1. I don't take my Amos anywhere without his harness! His is basic black though, to kinda blend in with his fur as not to embarrass him too much at the dog park!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I noticed the solid color harnesses at the store just after we bought the camo one. Jake and I joke that since its camo, you can't see it, ha!

    ReplyDelete