Friday, June 5, 2009

Ceremony Ideas

I've tried to describe the kind of decor ideas I have for our ceremony, but I feel like words don't really do it justice. If I had to write out the description, I would say that I want the aisles to be lined with tall cylindrical vases filled with water and floating candles. I'm not sure if saying "lined" is accurate - from the picture I've found that I'm using as my inspiration, there are tons of candles to create this effect. See for yourself, and let me know what you think!

(This image is from Jenna & Jeff's Wedding on the Knot)


I think the wide aisle runner and the chuppah also "speak to me" in the picture. I do like how the candles are of all different sizes but I would rather use vases that look more like this:



(Image from Keily & Gregg's Nestledown wedding via greenweddingshoes.blogspot.com - shot by Dana and Jeremy)


Thanks to the local Marshall's I've been able to round up about 8 vases or so already, all of varying heights. I need to find out the dimensions of the room over at Prestonwood to get an idea of how long our aisle should be. Once I know that, then I think it will be easier to decide if I want to go with this look or if I would rather have the candles just at the front with the chuppah, like this:

(Image from asouthernsoiree.blogspot.com, Jamie and Michael's Wedding)
I guess that's enough of my ceremony ideas for now. I'd love to hear what you think! Feel free to leave me a comment, send me an email, or just call me up with advice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment